The day after we got home from California, we celebrated Henry's FOURTH birthday. Again, I'm a little late, but I wanted to write a few of the reasons we love having Henry in our family.

From the day he was born weighing 10 lbs 6 oz, Henry has been a BIG part of our family. He was my only baby born in Minnesota and he was the easiest baby I have had. When he was just six weeks old, we drove from Minnesota to Utah and we drove back again when he was three months old. During both drives, he did not cry once. He spent the entire time looking out the window, enjoying the scenery this great country has to offer.
Maybe he realized that if he didn't make his presence known, he would be overlooked as the third child, because ever since he turned three, he has reminded us regularly what he is capable of. We call Henry our "idea man" because he always comes up with amazing ways to keep himself entertained. This blog is full of things Henry has done to keep us all on our toes.
However, Henry isn't all mischief. Henry is so sweet. He is my child who always tells me I look pretty or I smell good. If I am wearing my hair differently, Henry is the first to notice. He thanks me for every meal I prepare. He loves to curl up on my lap and give me loves. He really is the sweetest boy and I love him!
Henry loves to sing. He only has to hear a song once or twice before he knows it by heart. He currently loves the HSM soundtracks, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz and "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys (What? - good music never gets old.) The thing that really melts my heart though, is when Henry sings "Come Thou Fount" another one of his favorites. Henry loves preschool and knows all his letters and their sounds and he has a great imagination. He really is the perfect four-year-old.
Henry is an amazing big brother to Peter and those two have a blast together sharing a room. It takes them a long time to settle down when they should be going to bed at night. The other night I could hear them talking and went in to check on them. When I went in the room Henry asked me if I could hear what he and Peter had been talking about. I told him that I couldn't hear what they had been saying so he said, "We were talking about gill-friends." (I would love to know what Peter contributed to that conversation.)
Henry is such a sweet boy. Whenever anyone leaves the house, Henry makes sure to give them a hug and a kiss and says "I love you" before they head out the door. And when someone comes home, he is the first to run to the door to greet them with a big hug.
Anyway we love Henry. Although Henry has only just barely tripled his birth weight - weighing just over 30 pounds at the age of four, he is still a BIG part of our family and we are so glad he's ours!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!!
these are such great posts! I have no idea how you find time to do all this. I love reading about these boys and their adventures.
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute, you guys! I'm partial to Henrys of course, but clearly this is a special kid. I love all your kids. I see why you are on #5.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the post about Isaac was so great too. I WISH Henry was that sweet, but I'm thinking we are going to have to work a bit on the empathy aspect of his personality.
Give Henry a big hug and a big kiss for me.
ReplyDelete