We are loving this little boy right now. He is such a happy, sweet baby. Over the past few weeks he has learned to laugh, has mastered the "fake cough" and he loves his feet. The other day I went in and found him asleep holding on to both his feet. It was darling.
Peter will celebrate his four-month birthday on Monday. On the one hand, it has gone by so quickly, but at the same time, we can't remember what our family was like before his arrival. It seems like he's been here forever. We are so grateful for this healthy, sweet baby.
Here are few pictures to show his progress. The "before" pictures were taken a few days before surgery, and the "after" pictures were taken today. We are really happy with the progress he is making and are so grateful for good doctors - and helmet makers.
Profile:
Top of Head:
How great! What a cute, round-headed little guy. I love your blog. How do you find time to keep it up so well. I love Abby's quotes about the older man and the toothbrush. What a kick. You have a wonderful little family.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad
His head looks great Elizabeth! Where is the scar?
ReplyDeleteHe is so smiley! I wish I could hang out with him.
I can't believe he is 4 mo old already!
XOXOX-
Jess
If you look closely at the top of his head, you can see the scar. He also has one just like at the top of the back of his head. They have healed incredibly well. They are barely visible - and obviously, once he gets some hair, you won't be able to see them at all.
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty remarkable that they were able to do such a big surgery with so little scarring.
We would love for you to come hang out with us, Jess. New Year's?
Medical care is incredible-asked your new home owner to rewrap True's broken arm, he broke both bones in his forearm playing football- and it is amazing to think that the body will heal itself. It looks like a lot of progress already on that little head. Do you anticipate more surgery?
ReplyDeleteTracy
Peter is done with surgery - he just needs to wear his helmet for 10 more months - 23 hours a day, to continue helping with the shape. We're glad the hardest part is behind us.
ReplyDeleteI hope True's arm is healing without any complications and that the rest of the family is doing well.
I hate to say this, because I know it will upset Giles, Nathan, Paul, Alex, Isaac and Henry, but I seriously think Peter is already challenging for handsomest Florence.
ReplyDeleteThe difference in profile looks like it's a lot bigger than 4 millimeters. Is that because his head has also gotten bigger, generally, since the surgery?
Absolutely amazing! His head looks great! And I must agree with the comment on him being handsome...what a sweet baby!
ReplyDeletewow that's a big difference. He looks great. looks like such a fun trip to CA too.
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! He is so cute, Elizabeth..what an adorable little smile!
ReplyDeleteHey, we just found your blog! I had an epic coaching battle with Andrew at one of the soccer games a few weeks ago. It was very intense. We heard you found a terrific house so I bet it is nice to finally be settled in with your own place.
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that the surgery went well and he is looking great. What a difference and what a trooper. Take care and hopefully we will see you guys sometime soon.----Sam
Hey what a cute kid. Those profile shots are adorable. glad to hear that he is doing well - been thinking about him and your family. Hopefully we can see you guys again soon - it was fun to see you and visit with your family this summer!
ReplyDeleteLark