Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Finding Inner Peace

Today I walked into Abby's room and there, seated on the floor by himself, was Peter.

He was sitting with his back against the wall, legs crossed and hands resting on his knees in the "om" position.  He was wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes and in his mouth was a binky.

"What are you doing?" I asked, surprised to find him sitting there.

"I'm inner-peacing" came his reply.

Oh.

I have to admit, he looked completely relaxed and contented.  I wished more than anything I had a camera in my hands - but I love that I was able to see Peter taking a break from his otherwise strenuous 4-year old life.

What a funny boy.

4 comments:

  1. Where did he learn this?! He's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone told Peter that Aunt Susanna could add some yoga to his repertoire? He could really escape all that pre-school stress! Personally, I've never seen him still.

    ReplyDelete