So often we are so busy this time of year that we don't get to take full advantage of this season - but on Tuesday we found ourselves with a free night and took the chance to go on a family hike and enjoy this amazing weather.
We just went up Neff's Canyon (only ten minutes from our house) where we enjoyed the warm autumn sunshine, leaves just starting to change, and incredible views of the city below.
(I was especially impressed with Henry's courage to leave our home wearing
a BYU t-shirt just four days after the disastrous BYU/Utah game.)
After a fun little hike, we reached a great spot where we could stop and eat dinner and the kids took turns swinging on a huge rope swing.
The kids had a blast - but as usual, it was all fun and games until this:
Turned into this:
Yes, two broken wrists later, the hike was over and it was time to come home. Isaac has been a trooper - no complaining, no crying and he even insisted on having his piano lesson two days later.
Even with an injury, I still came away from the hike feeling like this time of year is pretty darn close to heaven here in Utah and we're lucky we get to enjoy it.







I am sorry but I laughed out loud. Good thing his dad is a doctor. How is his school work going? Glad swimming season is over. I love the smile.
ReplyDeleteYes, good that his dad's a doctor - but it still took 24 hours before Andrew was willing to xray them.
ReplyDeleteIsaac is doing okay with his school work. Tonight Andrew looked at his homework and said, "Isaac, I really want you to write more neatly on your homework." Then I reminded him that Isaac has two broken wrists and he said, "Oh yeah, never mind."
The only bummer is soccer and flag football. Hopefully he'll be able to play the last few games of the season. We'll see.
Your crew is as darling as ever. Sorry about Isaac! That bit about Andrew getting on him for his handwriting is too funny. Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDeleteI am truly sorry for Isaac but I laughed out loud when I came to the broken wrist picture! :) I just didn't think that was where the post was going!
ReplyDeleteOk. The fact that you documented the whole event in pictures is pretty impressive... What a total bummer! That was exactly the kind of thing I feared more than anything else on our Europe trip, since two broken wrists would have necessitated a whole body cast and wheelchair in Austria. :) Glad he's okay. Brave, tough kid! Guess it could have been worse? Love reading your posts. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh--BOTH wrists?!? So sad, and yet you wrote it/documented it so well I couldn't help but gasp-laugh at the last pic.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree--I love fall. Though not s'many mountains here. Okay, technically, none. Still, I love that season & miss those awesome Utah autumns!