Monday, April 11, 2011

On the move...

Spring is coming very, very, slowly this year and we are all ready for it to get here.

Lucy is especially desperate for some good weather.  After all, this is the first spring that she's been able to walk and get around and there's a whole world out there for her to explore.

Seriously, first thing in the morning, almost every morning, Lucy pulls on her boots and she is ready to get out the door.  As soon as anyone opens the door, she makes her escape.  Here she is  wearing a pair of Abby's boots exploring the front yard one morning.



We weren't exactly sure where she would end up left to her own devices, so eventually, we sent Henry out as part of the Martin-Willy rescue team.  He did a great job guiding her safely home.


At 23-months, Lucy is at that age when she thinks she has earned the right to run with the big kids.  As far as she's concerned, there is nothing off limits to her.  A few weeks ago, when the kids were out riding their bikes, Lucy decided she was ready to ride a bike too.  She went in the garage, found herself a bike helmet and she was ready to go.

Andrew set her up on Peter's little bike and she was delighted to just sit there.  She didn't move an inch, but she sat there on the bike for the next thirty minutes, happy as a clam just to be on a bike like the big kids. 



Finally, Isaac felt a little sorry for poor Lucy so he came and pushed her around the yard for a few minutes and she was in heaven.  (How lucky  is she to have such a cute big brother?)


We are all excited for warmer weather and blue skies.  We can't wait for the days when we can walk outside barefoot and feel the warm grass beneath our toes.  But, until then, Lucy will keep getting up every morning, pulling on her boots, and hitting the open road the best way she knows how.  

4 comments:

  1. Seriously could she be any cuter??? What sweet brothers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone told Lucy that the first shall be last and the last shall be first? I suspect she will be taking charge of the family before long, or has she already done that?
    We love you all!
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little Lucy! She's adorable! =]

    Okay, this is really random, but I have a question for you, Elizbeth. I could swear I just saw you in a missionary reunion picture with my bro-in-law, Mike Sims. Did you happen to serve in Germany? If so, it's such a small world! I married Mike's twin brother, Pete. I would love to hear from you if it's true! You weren't tagged in the picture from what I could see...

    Email me at: Mellybelz@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    -Melanie (Spiers) Sims, (Andrew's HS friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, this made me laugh out loud. I love her in those boots! Oliver is a lot like that, too, as far as thinking he can do anything and everything that older kids do. He has no idea how to ride a Razor scooter, but the other day he put on his helmet and walked his feet on both sides of it for like 15 minutes. It was hilarious. Lucy and Oli are kindred spirits...

    ReplyDelete