WOW, how things have changed! Somewhere along the way, Halloween changed from a one-day-a-year spook-fest, to a weeklong celebration and donut/candy eating marathon. By the time Halloween actually rolled around, my kids had grown weary of their costumes and we had acquired over 20 pounds of candy. Whew!
What a crazy, but fun action-packed week we had. There was the ward trunk-or-treat, three school parades, a pre-school program, parties at school, a costume party at a friend's house, the neighborhood party with homemade donuts and root beer (yum!) and of course, a full night of trick-or-treating. (This was all combined with Abby and Isaac trying out for the school musical, piano lessons, soccer practices, two performances at Piano Federation, three kids sick with the stomach flu, and a family wedding.) Needless to say, it was a crazy - but great week.
This year, Abby decided to dress up as the tooth fairy. (Notice the tooth I sewed on the front of her leotard and the bag of marshmallows, cut to look like teeth.) Abby made this decision soon after she lost a tooth a couple of weeks ago, and right after we found the great skirt/wing combo. I think Abby looks lovely in her costume, but to be honest, I always think she is lovely - in every possible way.
In the school parade.
Lucy was supposed to dress up as Abby's apprentice - a sort of "Tooth Fairy, Jr." Unfortunately, she hated the little crown we had for her and she had no patience for the wings, so she ended up being "a baby in a full skirt." Oh well, we thought she was pretty darn cute, anyway.
Who needs wings, when you've just learned to walk?
Isaac had a great costume this year. He decided to be a magician. He was pretty happy with the costume when it was just the cape, the hat, and the wand -- but he was even more excited when he tried it all on with the wig. Although the wig looks like something between Lady Gaga and Tom Petty, we all agreed it made the costume.
Lucy wasn't content to just be Abby's assistant. She decided to try her luck as a magician's assistant as well. It's a role she may have to grow into:
When we were figuring out costumes, both Henry and Peter wanted to be astronauts. Initially, I encouraged them to be different things for Halloween - you know, mix it up a little. It turned out that it was impossible to dissuade either of them from their dream, so they ended up wearing matching costumes. I have to admit, it was pretty adorable watching them walk around together. It was probably just my imagination, but every time I saw the two of them walking toward me, it felt like they were moving in slow motion.
At the neighborhood "trunk-or-treat" they wisely positioned themselves right next to the donut table. That way, as soon they finished one, they could immediately start the next one without interruption. I can only assume Peter got more sugar into his mouth than he did on his face and uniform.
Space/snow explorers.
Peter in his preschool parade.
Two cute brothers. I think they'll be ready for Space Camp next summer.
It was a great Halloween. Today I am breathing a slight sigh of relief that it's over, but we really had so much fun this year. Just think, only a few more months until my kids start talking about what they want to be next year. Happy Haunting!










so cute! all of them!! Love that wig! and what's the deal with the snow on the ground???
ReplyDeleteLove the costumes and good work for getting yours posted so quick. I love little Lucy with the hat covering her whole head...priceless.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the week long Halloween-it is a bit crazy these days. Your kids are absolutely darling in these photos. Cute Abby as the tooth fairy-I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteJane told me to stop by your blog - and I am so glad I did! Beautiful work - with both the darling family as well as the beautiful record. Emi
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable. Every astronaut needs a "wing-man" right? And I love that your boys didn't want to be some kind of super hero like every other boy I know who are those ages.
ReplyDelete