Saturday, October 16, 2010

Siblings

Big news here in our house this week.

Lucy started walking!

She walked around a little on Sunday afternoon and then, on Monday morning, (her 17-month old birthday) she really decided that it was time to walk.  So, ever since Monday, our Lucy has been a walking girl.

Anyway, a few days ago, I sent  Lucy and Peter outside to entertain each other and take care of Minnie.  (Is that too much to ask of a three-year-old and 17-month old?)

Peter and Minnie had a great time "walking" each other around the yard.

As funny as it was to watch Peter and Minnie, the real attraction was watching Lucy follow Peter everywhere he went.  It was so adorable, it made my heart melt. When Peter walked down the hill, Lucy would waddle after him her face beaming with adoration.  When Peter walked along the front walk, Lucy would waddle after him. She was bound and determined to keep up with her brother - and the sweetest thing about it, was the way Peter made sure she could keep up.

If Peter noticed Lucy was lagging behind, he would slow down so she could catch up.  He would call her name so she would know where he was, and if she fell, he would help her up.  It was so sweet, I had to grab my camera to try to capture that moment.

Just as I got out there, Peter had reached out to steady Lucy and I took this picture.


I love the expressions here; the proud and mindful older brother, and the absolutely adoring and grateful baby sister.  

When I was little, I always wished I could have a big brother and I was pretty sure that if I did, this is exactly how I would feel about him.  Lucky Lucy has three older brothers who look out for her and protect her - and this is how she feels about every one of them.  Yep, Lucky Lucy - Lucky Brothers.

*To further confirm the adoration these two have for each other, today Peter said, "Lucy, you are the bestest girlfriend I ever had."  (October 17, 2010)

4 comments:

  1. love love love it...so sweet! Congrats to Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Elizabeth! I am in town for a couple of days and would love to say have if you have a free minute. Shoot me an email if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing that Peter said! "The bestest girlfriend I ever had." Absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. I love that picture. AWARD winning!

    ReplyDelete