Peter has more energy than anyone I have ever seen. Instead of sleeping, he jumps. Thank goodness he is a good napper, but when we put him down to bed at night he pops up to his favorite spot in his crib and becomes a human piston. When he's tired, he still jumps but just jumps grumpily. It makes it pretty hard to put Henry to sleep in the bed across the room when you've got a shrieking, laughing, panting whack-a-mole a few feet away.
Lately I have gone in later to find him finally asleep, having pulled off his pajama bottoms and thrown them accross the room. Last night I caught the act on tape. I was trying to just capture his jumping so we could work on his technique for Olympic Trampolining, when I witnessed his new trick. Notice his hands never leave the handles of his pogo-stick. Flawless execution.
.... And then of course the exhilerating feeling of freedom.
Man, what a crazy guy. Looks like he's having a great time, and if you can pick a time you want your kid to enjoy himself, it might as well be bed time, right?
ReplyDeletepretty tricky kid! That smile is SO darn sweet!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! I wonder where he gets all that energy???? :)
ReplyDeleteHow does he not fall asleep- I am exhausted just watching him! At least he's darling- that must make it easier to enjoy him when he's supposed to be asleep.
ReplyDeleteWhat a little monkey! But then again, GK does that all the time.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys a lot. It was great to see you! Will you send me some of the pictures you took?
Love you