Andrew really is amazing. He has a stressful job and works crazy strange hours, but when he's at home, his priority is to spend time with our kids. Andrew is wonderful - he is there to help with homework , he reads stories to the class at school, he changes diapers, he teaches the kids to ski, he makes sack lunches in the morning, and coaches soccer. He designs Halloween costumes, takes the kids on bike rides, attends school programs, and builds forts in the back yard. Andrew just has an endless supply of energy when it comes to activities with our kids.
Saturday was no different.
I had made plans to go shopping with my mom during the day and had asked Andrew if he would be around to take care of the kids. He said he was more than happy to spend his Saturday taking care of them. As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed that the kids were getting their shoes and socks on and getting ready to go somewhere as well. I asked Andrew where they were going and he said he was going to take them to IHOP for breakfast.
As anyone who has four young children knows, taking them to a restaurant by yourself is no small task. But then, a few minutes later, there was a knock at the door and two of our neighbors - our kid's friends - were standing there. Unbeknownst to me, Andrew had called to invite them to come along because he thought it would be more fun for Abby and Isaac to have some friends there.
So, on Saturday, BY HIMSELF, Andrew took six kids, under the age of six to IHOP for breakfast - just because he thought it would be fun. Now tell me, don't my kids have an awesome dad?
Wow I am super impressed! Andrew you are a fun dad!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I would dare take 4 kids to Ihop let alone 6! But then again you guys have angels for kids!
Nice work Andrew! I hope you had fun shopping ELizabeth! Get anything good?
I'll be honest, I was craving pancakes and was too lazy to make them myself.
ReplyDeleteAndrew
Now that is seriously impressive. But I wouldn't put it by Andrew. He seems like the greatest dad.
ReplyDeleteI hope you got pictures of the outing. Andrew, with six little people waiting on you, did you have any trouble deciding what to order?
ReplyDeleteHey time for a new post guys!!! I need my Florence update!
ReplyDelete